Did you know that several researches show that speed cameras may cause accidents due to sudden brakes in front of the camera?
Did you also know it was shown that people with speed camera warning systems are less involved in car accidents?
And did you know that drivers with speed camera warning systems reported that they are more aware of their driving speed?
amAze is partnering with FoxyTag to introduce a unique legal and collaborative system to alert you about speed and red-light cameras on your way. It is about increasing road safety and giving drivers the peace of mind that will allow them to focus on the road.
To enjoy this service, you only need to start amAze on your mobile phone and have a valid GPS signal. amAze will provide safety camera alerts even if you are not navigating. About 15 seconds before you get near a safety camera on your direction you will get a voice alert. When you actually pass by the camera amAze will play another sound.
To ensure the best quality of information the service is based on a wide database of safety cameras and also on reports made by the community of drivers. Accordingly, even mobile speed cameras are quickly reported by the community of drivers and updated for you in real-time.
To view a map with the existing fixed cameras coverage of your area, you can look here: http://www.foxytag.com/en/map.html
You do not have to contribute your own reports to enjoy the service. However, if you do want to assist and contribute to this collaborative effort, you should follow the reporting instructions carefully.
Obviously, FoxyTag and amAze do not motivate you to cross the legal speed limit! The purpose of the system is to increase safety by allowing you to concentrate on the road instead of having your eyes fixed on the speedometer by fear of being flashed by a camera. We observe that drivers tend to push the brakes suddenly when they see a speed camera (even when they are not speeding), which can cause traffic jam or even serious accidents. amAze will alert you on time, so relax, focus on the road and drive carefully.
How to Report a Camera with amAze?
Safety cameras displayed within 1.5 KM/1 Mile radius from your current location on the map and on the Radar Screen.From those screens you can also report a fixed safety camera or a mobile camera that you pass-by.
Reporting is easy, but it is VERY IMPORTANT to follow the process correctly:
- Reporting a safety camera can only be done while moving in order to verify your driving direction. Let a passenger send the report since the driver should focus on the road at all times.
- To capture the safety camera location you just need to click on the joystick (or open the Floating Menu on a touch screen) exactly when you pass-by the safety camera.
- Now the camera location is saved on the phone and at your convenience you can select from the menu the camera type and direction. Once you have selected it the report is sent and you'll get a confirmation message.
- A camera inside a tunnel or close to a tunnel exit (typically less than 10 seconds after the exit) must be tagged AT THE TUNNEL ENTRY. The reason is that inside a tunnel there is no GPS signal and therefore no accurate location can be obtained.
- Please report a camera or re-confirm existing cameras only once. If you make multiple reports of same camera it may result in reducing your reporting trust level. Let others re-confirm the location you have submitted. Focus on reporting new cameras.
- If you are not sure if there is indeed a speed camera, it is better not to report at all rather than making a wrong report.
- A red-light camera should be reported and treated like a speed camera.
- To send a cancelation report of a camera location follow the same steps as for new camera reporting, but then just select the 'Delete Reported Safety Camera' icon.
AMAZE GPS END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT ("EULA")
The 'amAze GPS' Product is licensed, not sold, to You for use only under the terms of this license, The licensor, LocatioNet Systems Ltd., ("Application Provider") reserves all rights not expressly granted to You. The 'amAze GPS' Product that is subject to this license is referred to in this license as the "Licensed Application".
1. Scope of License: This license granted to You for the Licensed Application by Application Provider is limited to a non-transferable license to use the Licensed Application on the mobile phone that You own or control. This license does not allow You to use the Licensed Application on any mobile phone that You do not own or control, and You may not distribute or make the Licensed Application available over a network where it could be used by multiple devices at the same time. You may not rent, lease, lend, sell, redistribute or sublicense the Licensed Application. You may not copy (except as expressly permitted by this license and the Usage Rules), decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code of, modify, or create derivative works of the Licensed Application, any updates, or any part thereof (except as and only to the extent any foregoing restriction is prohibited by applicable law or to the extent as may be permitted by the licensing terms governing use of any open sourced components included with the Licensed Application). Any attempt to do so is a violation of the rights of the Application Provider and its licensors. If You breach this restriction, You may be subject to prosecution and damages. The terms of the license will govern any upgrades provided by Application Provider that replace and/or supplement the original Product, unless such upgrade is accompanied by a separate license in which case the terms of that license will govern.
2. Consent to Use of Data: You agree that Application Provider may collect and use technical data and related information, including but not limited to technical information about Your device, system and application software, and peripherals, that is gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, product support and other services to You (if any) related to the Licensed Application. Application Provider may use this information, as long as it is in a form that does not personally identify You, to improve its products or to provide services or technologies to You.
3. Termination: The license for the full version is effective only for the duration purchased by You. Your rights under this license will terminate automatically without notice from the Application Provider if You fail to comply with any term(s) of this license. Upon termination of the license, You are allowed to keep using the free basic version. The Application Provider is entitled to terminate the support for the free basic version at any time upon its sole discretion.
4. Services: Third Party Materials. The Licensed Application may enable access to Application Provider's and third party services and web sites (collectively and individually, "Services"). Use of the Services may require Internet access and that You accept additional terms of service. You agree to use the Services at Your sole risk and that the Application Provider shall not have any liability to You for content that may be found to be incorrect.
Certain Services may display, include or make available content, data, information, applications or materials from third parties ("Third Party Materials") or provide links to certain third party web sites. By using the Services, You acknowledge and agree that the Application Provider is not responsible for examining or evaluating the content, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality or any other aspect of such Third Party Materials or web sites. The Application Provider does not warrant or endorse and does not assume and will not have any liability or responsibility to You or any other person for any third-party Services, Third Party Materials or web sites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third parties. Third Party Materials and links to other web sites are provided solely as a convenience to You. Location data provided by any Services is for basic navigational purposes only and is not intended to be relied upon in situations where precise location information is needed or where erroneous, inaccurate or incomplete location data may lead to death, personal injury, property or environmental damage. Neither the Application Provider, nor any of its content providers, guarantees the availability, accuracy, completeness, reliability, or timeliness of location data displayed by any Services.
You agree that any Services contain proprietary content, information and material that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws, including but not limited to copyright, and that You will not use such proprietary content, information or materials in any way whatsoever except for permitted use of the Services. No portion of the Services may be reproduced in any form or by any means. You agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, or create derivative works based on the Services, in any manner, and You shall not exploit the Services in any unauthorized way whatsoever, including but not limited to, by trespass or burdening network capacity. You further agree not to use the Services in any manner to harass, abuse, stalk, threaten, defame or otherwise infringe or violate the rights of any other party, and that the Application Provider is not in any way responsible for any such use by You, nor for any harassing, threatening, defamatory, offensive or illegal messages or transmissions that You may receive as a result of using any of the Services.
In addition, third party Services and Third Party Materials that may be accessed from, displayed on or linked to from the mobile handset are not available in all languages or in all countries. The Application Provider makes no representation that such Services and Materials are appropriate or available for use in any particular location. To the extent You choose to access such Services or Materials, You do so at Your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with any applicable laws, including but not limited to applicable local laws. The Application Provider, and its licensors, reserve the right to change, suspend, remove, or disable access to any Services at any time without notice. In no event will the Application Provider be liable for the removal of or disabling of access to any such Services. The Application Provider may also impose limits on the use of or access to certain Services, in any case and without notice or liability.
5. No warranty: You expressly acknowledge and agree that use of the licensed application is at Your sole risk and that the entire risk as to satisfactory quality, performance, accuracy and effort is with You. to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the licensed application and any services performed or provided by the licensed application ("services") are provided "as is" and "as available", with all faults and without warranty of any kind, and application provider hereby disclaims all warranties and conditions with respect to the licensed application and any services, either express, implied or statutory, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties and/or conditions of merchantability, of satisfactory quality, of fitness for a particular purpose, of accuracy, of quiet enjoyment, and non-infringement of third party rights. Application provider does not warrant against interference with Your enjoyment of the licensed application, that the functions contained in, or services performed or provided by, the licensed application will meet Your requirements, that the operation of the licensed application or services will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that defects in the licensed application or services will be corrected. No oral or written information or advice given by application provider or its authorized representative shall create a warranty. Should the licensed application or services prove defective, You assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair or correction. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties or limitations on applicable statutory rights of a consumer, so the above exclusion and limitations may not apply to You.
6. Limitation of liability: To the extent not prohibited by law, in no event shall application provider be liable for personal injury, death, or any incidental, special, indirect or consequential damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, damages for loss of profits, loss of data, business interruption or any other commercial damages or losses, arising out of or related to Your use or inability to use the licensed application, however caused, regardless of the theory of liability (contract, tort or otherwise) and even if application provider has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation of liability for personal injury, or of incidental or consequential damages, so this limitation may not apply to You. In no event shall application Provider's total liability to You for all damages (other than as may be required by applicable law in cases involving personal injury) exceed the amount of fifty dollars ($50.00). The foregoing limitations will apply even if the above stated remedy fails of its essential purpose.
7. Export: You may not use or otherwise export or re-export the Licensed Application except as authorized by United States law and the laws of the jurisdiction in which the Licensed Application was obtained. In particular, but without limitation, the Licensed Application may not be exported or re-exported (a) into any U.S. embargoed countries or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Person's List or Entity List. By using the Licensed Application, You represent and warrant that You are not located in any such country or on any such list. You also agree that You will not use these products for any purposes prohibited by United States law, including, without limitation, the development, design, manufacture or production of nuclear, missiles, or chemical or biological weapons.
8. Privacy: By accepting this EULA You hereby also agree to the Privacy Statement included under the amAze GPS web site on the following web link: http://www.amazegps.com
9. Network Charges: It is advised to have an appropriate flat-fee data plan if you are using the Licensed Application frequently. Depending on Your specific data plan and Your mobile operator or provider, You may be charged for the amount of data, SMS, MMS and air time You may consume via Your mobile handset when You download or access the Licensed Application or other services through the Licensed Application (hereinafter "Network Charges"). You are specifically being warned that Network Charges may be considerably higher when You are roaming outside Your home network. You hereby confirm that You have the sole responsibility to pay any such Network Charges and You specifically wave any claim towards any one of the Licensed Application vendors regarding Your Network Charges.
10. Driving disclaimer: It is totally forbidden to operate amAze by the driver while driving. You have the full and sole responsibility to drive safely and carefully. You should always give priority to the traffic rules, traffic signs, traffic conditions and road conditions that apply in the specific area You are driving in. The laws concerning the use of a mobile phone in the car are very different from one country to another, and may also change. You are entirely responsible to check the relevant laws about using a mobile phone in a vehicle in the countries where You want to use it. While You are driving we advise You to let a passenger operate the application, so that the driver can fully concentrate on the road.
11. Ad-sponsorship: amAze is offered to You as an ad-sponsored service. It means that we will be making reasonable efforts to find advertisers and sponsors that may sponsor some of the service cost. Such sponsorship will be resulted in a cost reduction to You as may be published by us from time to time. Accordingly we reserve the right to display ads and sponsorship messages in front of You while You are using the service. A special effort will be made to display such advertisements and sponsorship messages in idle moments of use, so that Your overall user experience will be enhanced by such messages.
12. Refund Policy: amAze is offered to You for a free download that includes the basic mapping and local search functions free of charge. Once you have purchased the full version of amAze, you have the option to ask for a full money refund during the first 7 days after the purchase date. No refund requests will be accepted after the first 7 days from the date of purchase.
13. Commercial Items: The Licensed Application and related documentation are "Commercial Items", as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. §2.101, consisting of "Commercial Computer Software" and "Commercial Computer Software Documentation", as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202, as applicable. Consistent with 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4, as applicable, the Commercial Computer Software and Commercial Computer Software Documentation are being licensed to U.S. Government end users (a) only as Commercial Items and (b) with only those rights as are granted to all other end users pursuant to the terms and conditions herein. Unpublished-rights reserved under the copyright laws of the United States.
14. Law and Jurisdiction: The laws of the State of California, excluding its conflicts of law rules, govern this license and Your use of the Licensed Application. Your use of the Licensed Application may also be subject to other local, state, national, or international laws.